Ordering and Shipping
Most domestic orders ship within 12-36 hours. (Some orders may require additional packaging and may take an extra day for processing.) Growing Families offers the following methods of shipping.*
1. USPS Priority Mail - Generally takes 2 to 7 business days.
2. Federal Express Ground - takes 1-5 business days.
3. Federal Express 2nd Day - takes 2 business days from when the material ships.
4. Federal Express Overnight- takes 1 business day from when the material ships.
* Overnight Orders – Overnight orders must be placed prior to 12 pm (CST). It is also best to contact Customer Service to notify us of your rush order. Although we will make every effort, rush orders placed after 12 pm are not guaranteed to ship the same business day. Delivery is Monday-Friday only.
Ordering and Shipping FAQ
Here you will find answers to the most commonly asked questions relating to order processing and shipping.
1. Can I place my order by phone?
Ans. Since the majority of our constituents are familiar with web-based ordering, GFI has elected to move exclusively to on-line ordering. The process is fast, secure, and the savings are passed on to our valued customers. Any questions relating to an existing order, can be directed to Customer Service. When writing, please provide a contact phone number.
2. What if I have questions about the internet ordering process, or to check on an order already placed?
Ans. If you have a question about the internet ordering process, or to check on an existing order, please contact Customer Service
3. I’m having trouble logging on to the store, what can I do?
Ans. Most commonly, log on issues are usually associated with a wrong log-on name, or password. Make sure your keyboard cap lock is not on. Please do not re-register with a new log-on name and password, but rather, contact Customer Service.
4. How long does the order process take?
Ans. On average between 12 to 36 hours from the time an order is placed to the time it is shipped. While rare, some minor processing delays may occur during heavy shipping weeks, particularly during the months of August, September, December and January.
5. What shipping methods are used in the Continental United States and how long will it take to receive my order?
Ans. Growing Families currently offers different shipping methods:
- USPS Priority Mail - Generally takes 2 to 7 business days.
- Federal Express Ground - takes 1-5 business days.
- Federal Express 2nd Day - takes 2 business days from when the material ships.
- Federal Express Overnight- takes 1 business day from when the material ships.*
*Overnight Orders – Overnight orders must be placed prior to 12 pm (CST). Although we will make every effort, rush orders placed after 12 pm are not guaranteed to ship the same business day. Delivery is Monday-Friday only. It is also best to send an email to Customer Service to notify us of your rush order.
6. I live outside the United States or APO/FPO addresses, can I still order?
Ans. Depending on where you live you can either order through us or one of our Global Hubs. If there is not a partner in your region, please contact Customer Service.
7. I have a question about a credit card charge on my monthly statement.
Ans. If you have a question about any item appearing on your credit card, invoice or packing slip, please contact Customer Service.
8. What if I need to return a product I purchased?
Ans. If you need to return your purchase for any reason, you must obtain prior authorization by emailing Customer Service to receive a RMA (Return Merchandise Authorization) number. Any product returned must be in new condition. Returns must be processed within 60 days from the date of purchase (no exceptions) and a 15% restocking fee is applicable.
9. How do I know when my order has been shipped?
Ans. You will receive two confirmation emails. One when the order is placed, and one when the order is shipped. You can also email Customer Service, 24 hours after you have placed your order to check on the status.
10. How can I cancel my order/item?
Ans. To cancel or change an order once it’s been placed email Customer Service. If your cancellation request precedes the actual shipping process there will be no charge for the cancel/change. Otherwise the product has to be treated as a return.
11. I received the wrong product, damaged product or my order is missing an item. Who should I contact?
Ans. If you did not receive all your product, damaged or received the wrong product, please contact Customer Service. Growing Families will be responsible for any additional shipping charges associated with a packaging error.
12. How are refunds handled?
Ans. Debiting the credit card used at the time of checkout is the primary way refunds are processed, although some circumstances may require a refund to be processed by check. Refund checks are issued by the Growing Families International Administrative office and usually processed within ten days. Customers may also choose to have their refund amount carried forward as a “credit” toward their next purchase. This option works well for customers who are sure they will re-order within twelve months. After twelve months of inactivity, unused credit balances are classified “abandoned” and purged from the customer's account record.
13. How do replace a lost or damaged DVD?
Ans. To replace a single DVD (or CD) please contact Customer Service, with the name of the series and specific session(s) you are seeking to replace. (There is a $20.00 DVD and CD replacement cost, plus shipping within the U.S.).